Hello, Hola... in spanish

Quiero proponer, ya que, esta red ha ido creciendo día a día, poder en alguna oportunidad, organizar un encuentro internacional de la antigua lista de danza y tecnología, y de la actual red de contactos organizada por Marlon, una espacie de evento con foros, debates, puestas en escena. Se que esto se hace mucho en Europa y en Estados Unidos, pero en Sudamerica son esporádicas las ocasiones en donde se puede juntar a discutir. Por eso propongo la organización próxima de un encuentro de toda la lista y de la actual dance-tech.net

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that is a great idea! What a great way to show how digital media can be essential - organizing an entire event based on this developing online community. Also, it would be amazing to interact in person in order to upholster the contact online.
(in rusty spanish)
¡Pienso que es una gran idea! Una qué gran manera de demostrar cómo los medios digitales pueden ser esenciales - organizando un acontecimiento entero basado en esta comunidad en línea que se convierte. También, sería asombroso obrar recíprocamente en persona para tapiza el contacto en línea.
Telematic Collaboration using VICKI at the Zero One Conference in San Jose June 2008 ( or this could be an international event for this network that we could all present in our region when we are read)

This is basic. I will send you the patch, with instructions in how to use it, change it, play with it. You would practice with it and we would run it probably once every two weeks live to get the feel of what can be done with multiple users in faraway lands.

The idea here is to use the flatness of the online screen and to develop our own ways of using VICKI. We will collaborate via online discussions to develop a way of presenting this collaboration in a way that could stand independently of VICKI - due to the lag that may happen with online performances. I feel it is idealistic to try to synchronize the commands. So let's capitolize on it! How does online time change what can happen in "choreography"? I want to know, and if anyone is interested please comment to me or message me.

I think this would be a great way to tie together the use of online spaces and digital media to construct a performance of deconstructed dance methods. Err... yeah.

And also I want this to be highly free. Once I send you the patch, you are free to edit the timing and commands to suit your own aesthetics and needs. We will probably do one run with the patch as is, and then another with it all changed up for you. This is sure to be fun, challenging, and provocative.

Afterwards, the patch will be yours to keep and play with however you want. All in?
Bueno, me parece una muy buena idea, me tienes que explicar mejor qué es VICKI y cómo usarlo....
pero dale, me puedes enviar el patch y vamos discuitiendo la forma de emplearlo.

saludos
please visit this site:

http://choreobot8.wordpress.com/

it has all the information about what VICKI is

VICKI is the first choreobot's name, and it stands for
Virtual Improvisational Choreographer / Kinetic Instructor

basically it is an artificial intelligents that generates random choreography for or during a performance. The site explains the program in more detail and includes a photo under the tab "dancers speak"
Hola, Hello,

en España organizamos varios eventos el año que viene, quizá se pueda dar cabida a un encuentro así. voy a ver la posibilidad. las fechas no estan cerradas. son más bien a final de 2008.
I would love to do something then. I will definitely be able to come if we plan something this far in advance too.

RSS

Humans exploring collaboration, coops, hybrid art, dance, embodiment, cognition, tech-science, networks, post-humanism and culture.

welcome to UNSTABLELANDSCAPE

WE LIVE WITHIN AN UNSTABLE LANDSCAPE

This is a social networking website connecting people concerned about innovation and experimentation on art, dance, embodiment, cognition, science, networks, post-humanism, media and the unstable landscape of contemporary culture and life.

We are in a transitional phase and refocusing the network with a broader interdisciplinary framework. It will reflect a contemporary  community interacting and embedded  unstablelandscape.

This network is maintained and administrated by Marlon Barrios Solano as an independent art/curatorial/social innovation project.

You can donate to support my work here:

WOULD YOU LIKE MAKE A ONE TIME DONATION?

Support  making a single donation of any amount.
Thank you!

marlon@dance-tech.net

for more information

We are creating an alternative cryptoeconomy:

MotionDAO is supported in part by the Near CreativeDAO Guilds

Get your Near Wallet and be part of the MotionDAO

YOU MAY DONATE NEAR HERE using your NEARWALLET

MotionDAO wallet address:

motiondao.sputnik-dao.near

Dance-tech.net was generously supported  from January 2017 to January 2020 by:

Motion Bank/Choreographic Coding Labs (Frankfurt)

You must SIGN-UP to interact with dance-tech.net members enjoy the social networking features.

The use of dance-tech.net and dance-tech.tv is FREE

Creative Commons License
All content uploaded @
http://www.dance-tech.net
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE ABOUT RESPECTING THE LICENSES OF THEIR UPLOADED CONTENT.

LICENSE YOU CONTENT
LEARN MORE ABOUT CREATIVE COMMONS

watch dance-tech.tv

Promote events here!!

© 2024   Created by Marlon Barrios Solano.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service